Protecting Your Wireless Radio
From Thunderstorm Damage:
Disconnecting the Wireless Radio
1. Locate theDC Injector or Power Shot
2. Unplug the Black Round Power Supply Cable in the DC Injector or Power
3. Disconnect Ethernet Cable (it is usually black) from the DC Injector or Power
Shot, this is the cable that connects to your Wireless Radio.
Powering Up the Wireless Radio:
1. Reconnect Ethernet Cable (it is usually black) back into the DC Injector or
Power Shot, this is the cable that connects to your Wireless Radio.
2. Reconnect Black Round Power Supply Cable back into the DC Injector or
It may take up to 2 minutes for the radio to properly reset. This may be indicated
by the Red X on the Computer Icon (Lower Right side of the Computer Screen).
The Red Xwill go away, indicating that there is a connection to your Wireless
The above information should
be put to use if you are going on
vacation or anytime a storm could occur during your absence.
print pdf file of above information:
The Proper Procedure for Wireless Radio Reset
Protecting Your Wireless Radio From Thunderstorm Damage
If you are having problems resetting wireless radio, please call office at 419-294-4141.
For XP Users-Enable Firewall.
You do not need to be on the Internet for this Step
1. Click on Start
2. Click on Control Panel
3. Click on Network Connections
4. Right click on Dial UDATAnet
5. A menu will appear
6. Click on Properties
7. Dial UDATAnet Properties will appear
8. Click on the advanced tab
9. Check box for Protect my computer and network by limiting or preventing access to this computer from the internet
10. Click on OK
11. Close out all boxes
For Norton Antivirus Users.
If you use another antivirus you need to get the virus updates for that program.
Get Nortonís antivirus updates
Connect to the Internet for this step
1. Open Nortonís antivirus
2. Click on live updates
3. Click on next and Nortonís will update
4. When done with update you can disconnect from the internet
5. Scan computer for viruses Using Nortonís Antivirus
a. Click on Scan for Viruses
b. Click on Scan in the Action window at the bottom of the page
c. Computer will begin scanning for viruses
***We recommend that you check for live updates Everyday. Norton
Antivirus only notifies once a week if there is an update to downlaod,
even though the virus definitions are updated everday. Since they
only notify you once a week, you need to check everyday for these updates.
If you find that your system
has become infected, the tools listed on Symantec's
Removal Tools Page should also aid you in repairing the damage.
Get Windows Updates - You will need to connect to the Internet for this Step
1. Connect to the internet
2. Go to www.microsoft.com
3. On left side of page there will be a box called Resources. You may need to scroll down a bit to see it.
4. Click on windows updates
5. Click on scan for updates-this will take a few minutes
6. Click on critical updates and service packs
7. Select first critical update and install
8. Repeat this until all updates are installed.
9. Disconnect from Internet
Adware and Spyware Removal
You will need to protect your computer against adware and/or
Any software application in which advertising banners are displayed while
the program is running is called Adware. Any software that sends data back
to a third party - WITHOUT ASKING the user - is Spyware. Both Adware
and Spyware may slow the performance of your computer whether or not you
are on the internet, change your homepage, cause annoying pop ups, keep
you from downloading certain programs or viewing certain web pages.
To combat Adware and Spyware, go to UDATAís homepage www.udata.com. On the left side of the page you will find a box titled ď4 FREE Must Have UtilitiesĒ. Here you will find links to download Free programs to assist you in removing Adware and Spyware. These Free software programs will not block the spyware but it will remove it. Just click on the link provided. You will then be directed to the proper page to download the program that you have chosen. Just follow the instructions for downloading given for that program. If you choose to download just one of the four programs, we recommend Ad-Aware SE. After downloading and installing the program, you will need to run this program at least once a week to keep your computer running smoothly. If you have any questions, feel free to give us a call at the office, (419) 294-4141, and we will be happy to assist you.