UDATA is currently marketing a local-call Internet access service, known as UDATAnet, provided by Sprint and AT&T. UDATAnet provides full Internet Access, including E-Mail, Webmail, Email Virus Protection, Email Spam & Content blocking.
A key feature of this service is that the Internet access is provided with a LOCAL dial number for users in the Upper Sandusky calling area and also a LOCAL dial number for those in the 273 exchange. There is no long distance charge. Users of Compuserve and America On-line can connect to those services through UDATAnet, saving the long distance toll fee.
What kind of computer equipment do I need to connect to the internet service?
You can connect to the internet with any computer that is equipped with a modem and the proper software. The bare minimum is a 486 Windows system with a14.400 modem and 64MB RAM. UDATAnet also supports Macintosh and WebTV machines. The UDATAnet Internet Service supports up to 56k/V90 modems.
What kind of software do I need to connect to the internet service?
In order to connect, you need software that will enable your PC or Mac to ‘emulate” an intemet terminal. This software is known as TCP/IP communications software. TCP/IP is built into Windows 95/98/ME/XP/NT/Vista. In addition to the TCP/IP software, it is advisable to use ‘browser’ software. UDATAnet offers a Dial-up Kit at no charge. Dial-up Kit with set-up for Microsoft Internet Explorer is totally pre-configured for UDATAnet Internet Service, just insert CD in computer and follow prompts to enter Username & Password. Step by step instructions for setting up Outlook Express (for your email) is also included in kit.
What does ‘intermittent access’ mean?
Our basic service is for ‘intermittent access” to the intemet. This means that you dial in, get the information you are looking for, and then log off. You may log on and off as many times per day as needed. A continuous, Dedicated Line for 24 hour per day connection is available at an additional cost to those who need 24/7 access. Highspeed Wireless is also available for 24 hour access.
How many lines are available?
The rule of thumb for Internet providers is 1 incoming phone line for every 12 subscribers. UDATAnet uses a ratio of 1 line for every 5 subscribers. The goal of UDATAnet is that no subscriber is ever locked out of the system due to busy signals. AT&T and Sprint has assured us that they will constantly monitor the system usage to insure that they are providing the proper level of service.
Is it difficult to configure my computer to connect to this service?
When you sign up, we will give you the IP address numbers you need to enable you to get connected. Typically, it is a bit difficult to configure communications packages, but we’ll work with you to help you make the connection. UDATAnet also offers a Dial-up Kit with set-up for Microsoft Internet Explorer at no charge. The Dial-up Kit is totally pre-configured with software to set-up Microsoft Internet Explorer for UDATAnet Internet Service, just insert CD in computer and follow prompts to enter Username & Password. Step by step instructions for setting up Outlook Express (for your email) is also included in kit.
How do I pay for this service?
The monthly dialup charge of $11.95 for 30 hours per month, $15.95
for 40 hours per month or $19.95 for unlimited hours per month
is billed once per month. There is an over-usage charge of $2.00
per hour on the 30 & 40 hour per month accounts.
All accounts are paid by cash, check, money order, credit card (Master Card, Visa & Discover) or debit card. Contact UDATAnet for more information obtaining a Leased Line. Highspeed Wireless is also available.
All accounts (dialup and wireless) are charged on the set-up day of the month for each account and payment is due within 15 days of that date. Accounts may be suspended if payment is not received within 30 days of the due date. Accounts are charged and paid in advance on the current month in use. If an account is suspended for non-payment, there will be a $10.00 re-activation fee. A $2.00 late fee will be added to all accounts which are not paid by the 15-day due date which is printed on each invoice under balance due.
Change of dialup billing plan will take effect on NEXT billing day
**Your dialup time roll-over date and your dialup billing date is the same day of the month on which your account is set- up. (example: set-up date: 4/13/08, billing date: 13th. of every month, time roll-over date: 13th of every month)
***IF YOU STOP USING, BUT DO NOT CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT, YOU WILL BE BILLED!
****All accounts (dialup and wireless) will be immediately terminated if a check for payment is returned from bank for NSF. A $20.00 service fee will charged to that account.
If your account is suspended for any reason, all udata.com email sent to your email address will be rejected.
What if I want to cancel my subscription?
The subscription is month-to-month. If you want to cancel the agreement, simply notify UDATAnet in writing, email or phone call at least 10 days before the end of the month and your account will be canceled as of the end of the current month. Any current charges will still be due.
UDATAnet Internet Services ( the “Provider”) will provide access
to its On-line Communication Services ( the “System”) to the individual
account holder (the “User”) in exchange for payment of fees and compliance
with the terms and conditions of this agreement.
By using this service “The User” agrees to the following:
1. The User understands and agrees that the Users account is personal and is not to be used or shared by any other individual. The User also agrees that the User ID and password shall remain private information and shall not be distributed or disclosed to any other individual nor used by any other individual. The User shall not use another Users password to access the System.
2. The User hereby agrees to comply with the rules of operation, as they now exist and as they may from time to time be changed. The Users continued usage of the System constitutes the Users acceptance of such changes.
3. The User agrees to comply with the rules and regulations of any other system either directly or indirectly connected to the UDATAnet network.
4. The User shall not utilize the System for illegal activity or place any text, data, graphics, images, messages, communication(s), files or other material (“information”) on the System in any form which is related to illegal activity or is scandalous, defamatory, obscene, immoral or in violation of anothers rights, including, but not limited to, copyrights, trade secrets and privacy.
5. The User understands and agrees that the Provider has no obligation to preserve or protect any rights which the User may have in any information placed on the System, and shall not be responsible for backing up information placed on the System.
6. The User understands and agrees that the information that is available or obtainable from the System or interconnecting networks, may not be valid or accurate, and that it is provided on an ‘as is’ basis. UDATAnet makes no warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, regarding the quality, accuracy or validity of the data and/or information residing on, or passing through, any networks. Use of any information obtained from or through services provided by UDATAnet will be at the Users own risk.
7. UDATAnet and the information providers make no representations or warranties, either expressed or implied, with respect to the System and access thereto, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
8. UDATAnet and the information providers do not represent or warrant that access to the System shall be uninterrupted, or that there shall be no failures in transmission of information, errors or omissions in transmission of information, errors or omissions in information, or loss of information.
9. In no event shall any liability of UDATAnet or the information providers exceed any amounts paid to the Provider under this agreement, regardless of the cause or form of the action arising out of or in connection with this agreement or the use or damage in connection with its use of the System, including but not limited to, any loss or damage arising from the selection of uses to which it will put the System and the adequacy of the System to meet the Users needs.
10. The User may not assign or transfer, in whole or in part, this agreement or its rights to use the System, including the use of the Users access code or password, without the prior written consent of the Provider.
11. UDATAnet shall not be responsible in any way for any User hardware or software required or used by the User to access or communicate with the System or to upload or download information or for the telecommunication cost of accessing the System.
12. The User is authorized only for a single log-on on the system. Multiple log-ons and background processing are prohibited. Any person found misusing the system in this manner will be terminated immediately.
13. ‘Camping-on’ (leaving dial up access active while user is not using the Internet) is not allowed. User understands that arrangements are available for continuous dial up access and that Camping-on is cause for immediate termination of service by UDATAnet Internet Services.
14. You may log on as many times as you wish, but always to log off when finished searching the internet.
15. The User understands that this is a personal account not to be used for commercial purposes unless set-up with as business account.
16. This agreement is the complete agreement between the parties and
supersedes any prior agreement whether written or oral.
Return to UDATAnet Internet